Dear Colleagues,

Apologies if you have caught this already, but I thought I'd bring your
attention to the article on the Museums Association website about the
new Collections Link Standards wiki (
http://standards.collectionslink.org.uk) and the work the Collections
Trust is doing to update Benchmarks in Collections Care and SPECTRUM.

The article is up on the MA homepage and at
http://www.museumsassociation.org/news/23032011-collections-trust-update
s-benchmarks-spectrum

In the case of Benchmarks, we are working to integrate digital assets
and information management into the existing range statements about
physical Collections Care, and we would really welcome comments on these
elements from the MCG community.

If you are interested in the next stages of the development of SPECTRUM
(which include the integration of procedures for Digitisation and
Photography), we are holding a Roadmap meeting on this at the
OpenCulture 2011 conference - http://tiny.cc/oc2011programme.

With best regards,

Nick

Nick Poole

Chief Executive

Collections Trust

Tel: 0207 250 8340

OpenCulture 2011
The Greatest Collections Management Show on Earth!
The Custard Factory, Birmingham, 7th & 8th June 2011
Register online at www.openculture2011.org.uk
<http://www.openculture2011.org.uk>

  <http://www.openculture2011.org.uk/>

http://www.collectionstrust.org.uk

http://www.collectionslink.org.uk

http://openculture.collectionstrustblogs.org.uk

Follow us on Twitter: @collectiontrust
<http://www.twitter.com/collectiontrust>

Follow me on Twitter: @nickpoole1

Contact me on Skype: nickpoole3

Connect via LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=5289899&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro

Company Registration No: 1300565

Registered Charity No: 27398

Correspondence address: Collections Trust, c/o Cans Mezzanine, 49 - 51
East Road, Old Street, London N1 6AH

Registered Office: Collections Trust c/o CAN Mezzanine, Downstream
Building, No1 London Bridge, London SE1 9BG

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg