CILIP Training & Development have a few places on the following courses in May:

WORKING WITH TEENAGERS IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES

Digital engagement is changing the ways teenagers connect with libraries. This course will explore practical, cost-effective strategies for reaching this challenging and exciting audience, in public, school and college libraries.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         Teenagers and their needs

·         Library promotion: activities, teenage reading groups, marketing, outreach, library layout

·         Policy and planning

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/working-with-teenagers-in-library-and-information-services.aspx

HANDLING ENQUIRIES REMOTELY: EFFECTIVE ENQUIRY ANSWERING BY PHONE AND EMAIL

With no eye contact, facial expression, body language – and frequently no tone of voice – it’s vital to manage communications with the enquirer effectively. The risk of misunderstanding or offence is high. This course uncovers the vital tools and techniques of good remote enquiry practice. Watch introductory video

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         Avoiding misunderstandings

·         Handling tricky enquiries

·         Delivering your answers

·         Customer care strategies

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/handling-enquiries-remotely.aspx

Teaching large groups

This hands-on one-day workshop will equip you with the practical approaches to designing and delivering effective large group sessions, using interactive activities and techniques.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         Effective approaches to teaching large groups

·         Development and delivery of large group training

·         Contingency planning: dealing with unexpected events

·         Making training memorable

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/teaching-large-groups.aspx

Don’t forget all CILIP Members receive a 40% discount on all our training courses.

Browse all our courses online: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training

Can’t make it to our London training venue? Why not have our training brought to you with our Onsite training programme. Any of the above courses can be delivered direct to your workplace if you have 5 or more people with training needs.

Find out more:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/onsite