Be Prepared for Anything and Everything with Creating Capacity's New Programme

Anita, Henrietta and I can hardly believe a year has gone by since Creating Capacity took over MLA London's training programme on 1 April 2010.  We're thrilled to announce our latest programme  - full of the courses that those who have taken part in Creating Capacity sessions in the last 12 months have asked us to include.  We've listened hard to your feedback and talked to our excellent team of trainers to come up with a learning journey for 2011 / 2012 which is intended to inspire; encourage learning and sharing with peers; and develop skills in the areas needed by the people who work and volunteer in museums, libraries, archives, cultural heritage and arts organisations.  Have a look at our updated website (www.creatingcapacity.org) to see the full range of courses available.

As before don't forget you can book and pay for all the courses online.  We're also delighted that Renaissance London are again supporting the programme so that a number of free course places are available for every training session.

For the time being here is a taste of a few of the courses coming up in April - all priced at £145 plus VAT including all course materials and 3 months post-course support from the trainer.

On 4 April join Henrietta Hopkins from the Creating Capacity team for Creative Income Generation: an introduction to thinking laterally about developing income streams.  This is course is ideal for the challenging economic climate supporting those who wish to shake up existing fundraising skills, or develop them for the first time.  It provides a practical guide to thinking laterally about traditional and new funding streams including commissioning and hiring out services.  We're at Toynbee Studios, 28 Commercial Street, London, E1 6AB for this one - a great new venue for us which we think you'll enjoy working in.

On 5 April we bring you Archival Collections: how to collect, work with and manage the archives in your care.  Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan our trainer has tailored this course to the needs of people with responsibility for looking after archives who are not trained archivists themselves (e.g. museum curators, librarians, volunteers); or those who come into contact with the operation of archive services in the course of their work (e.g. local authority employees, heritage service managers). It's a fun, interactive day where participants really get the most from Elizabeth's in-depth knowledge of the subject.

Structuring and Managing a Volunteer Programme: an essential introduction to policy and practice follows on 7 April.  Don't miss this course if you have responsibility for managing volunteers but are new to the subject.  Mark Restall, formerly of Volunteering England, will give you all you ever needed to know on the subject and inspire you to inspire your volunteers.

By April 14 you'll be ready for Building your Digital Toolkit: practical low-cost strategies for being effective on-line.  Sinead Mac Manus, digital well-being mentor will guide participants through the on-line maze that can be very confusing for the uninitiated.  Sinead's easy and gentle style will build your confidence in using the right tool for the right job making sure you can provide the right service for your visitors and users.

We've been thrilled that you've enjoyed Creating Capacity's courses so much this year.  You've said:

'Great thank you. Has given me lots to think about now and in the future. Really practical and useful advice that anyone can do with a bit of reflection'

'An excellent introduction to a complex area'

'This was a very well organised, well planned day, with an excellent trainer. I don't often give 5/5 but I was very impressed.

So keep telling us how we are doing, and sign up today for this year's courses.  Book online or call me on 07985 659425 for more information.

Interested but can't spare the time from my museum, library or archive for training?  Then consider our tailored in-house package as a low-cost alternative.  Normally any of our public programmes can be tailored to your own situation - just let us know.

Kind regards,

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
Tel:  079 8565 9425
Email:
Follow us on Twitter: @LearningCC

Web: www.creatingcapacity.org

Learning programmes to develop confidence

and inspire the profession now and for the future

Creating Capacity Courses coming up soon - why not book some tailored learning to get ready for the new financial year?