41 Greenhill Gardens, Edinburgh, EH10 4BL, United Kingdom. (44) 131 447 3151

From: Library and Information Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ann Brew
Sent: 28 March 2011 11:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Library management systems for small libraries

Hello,

I am utterly stuck and hoping a few of you can help me.

Can anyone recommend LMS that are especially good for small libraries ? We
would need a system that has the following aspects :

.         Catalogue

.         OPAC

.         E-journals interface (if possible)

.         Book circulation

.         Inter-library loans function

We don't need anything too flashy but it MUST be able to cope with
inter-library loans, as that's the bulk of our usage at the moment.

I have used a number of LMS in the past, but most of them would be
unsuitable or too expensive for what we need here.

If anyone can send any names my way, I'd be very grateful and would be happy
to summarise for the list. Also, if anyone has had any bad experiences with
follow-up support, I'd be interested to hear who to avoid !

Thank you in advance,

Ann

Ann Brew

Library & Information Services Manager

Library

Cancer Research UK

44 Lincoln's Inn Fields

London

WC2A 3LY

Tel : 020 - 7269 2868

Fax : 020 - 7269 3084

This communication is from Cancer Research UK. Our website is at
www.cancerresearchuk.org. We are a registered charity in England and Wales
(1089464) and in Scotland (SC041666) and a company limited by guarantee
registered in England and Wales under number 4325234. Our registered address
is Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London, EC1V 4AD. Our central
telephone number is 020 7242 0200.

This communication and any attachments contain information which is
confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly
error, please notify the sender and delete the email and destroy any copies
of it.

E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept liability
for any such matters or their consequences. Anyone who communicates with us
by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.