From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hazel Neale
Sent: 18 March 2011 10:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Back copies of missing journals

hello all

encouraging to know that we are not the only blip!  Our deliveries for some journals have been consistently bad for the last 2 yrs - mainly American journal of.... etc .  Last year the Ash cloud was blamed for the disruption at the beginning of the year, but it continued; then they claim to have sent replacements and they don't arrive either, there must be a large warehouse somewhere of undelivered medical journals!

We get the same responses re claiming: too late, claimed too many etc.  Our agent , Swets has fought our corner for some and got most of the missing issues replaced, but we should not have to depend on dogged determination to get what we have paid a huge amount of money for up front.

If we could start paying retrospectively for what we receive, maybe then the publishers would get their act together and deliver the journals, and deliver on time.

Hazel Neale

Healthcare Librarian

Craigavon Area Hospital

028 3861 2272