From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Gaynor Thomas (Hywel Dda Health Board - Library Assistant)
Sent: 18 March 2011 09:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Back copies of missing journals

I would say the responsiblity for safe arrival rests with the person sending the item out.  As they say "proof of postage is not proof of delivery" and I am sure there is a law that says the onus is on the supplier to ensure safe delivery not on the poor receiver who is left feeling as if they are being called a liar because "we have sent this out twice already and cannot resupply without a charge".  But we never got it, so you haven't actually supplied it have you!!!

It feels like a no win situation but it shouldn't be because they are wrong and they are being allowed to get away with it and we should be able to do something more than complain about how awful it all is and carrying on paying for it!

Gaynor

Gaynor Thomas
Senior Knowledge Services Assistant
Bwrdd Iechyd Hywel Dda/Hywel Dda Health Board
Multidisciplinary Library
Prince Philip Hospital
Dafen
Llanelli
Carmarthenshire
SA14 8QF

Tel: 01554 783025
Fax: 01554 749301
Ext: 3025
Email: [log in to unmask] <blocked::mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Bwrdd Iechyd Hywel Dda yw enw gweithredol Bwrdd Iechyd Lleol Hywel Dda
Hywel Dda Health Board is the Operational Name of Hywel Dda Local Health Board

Gwasanaeth Chwilio ar gyfer Llenyddiaeth
Os nad ydych yn gallu dod o hyd i'r gwybodaeth yr ydych yn chwilio am, beth am ddefnyddio'r Llyfyrgell? Rydym yn gallu chwilio am uhrhyw llenyddiaeth ar gyfer gweithwyr Bwrdd Iechyd Hywel Dda am ddim. Danfonwch e-bost a gofynwch am ymchwiliad llenyddiaeth.

Literature Search Service
If you can't find the information you're looking for why not try the Library? We can perform searches for Hywel Dda NHS Trust staff free of charge! Simply email us and ask for a literature search.

Did you know there is a book club in the Library at PPH on the last Thursday of every month?  See our blog at  <http://princephiliphospitallibrarybookc.blogspot.com/> http://princephiliphospitallibrarybookc.blogspot.com/
and get in touch with Library staff if you would like to join.

  _____