Dear All,

Excuse my ignorance on this but don’t get these kind of questions often. A Postgrad has asked me how to get information on the number of sales of particular drugs for example Etanercept (for Rheumatoid Arthritis) and Enfuvirtide (for HIV infection).

Does anyone know of a resource/database that can provide the number of sales of a drug, maybe where it can be broken down to countries like the UK, or alternatively perhaps even how much the NHS prescribes of a drug?

Or is it not that simple, and perhaps they will need to go to the individual Pharmaceutical companies and get that information?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Emma

Emma Shaw
Liaison Librarian (Medicine)
Imperial College London
Medical Library
Chelsea & Westminster Hospital (LG Floor, Lift bank B)
369 Fulham Road
London
SW10 9NH
Tel: 020 3315 8109