Hi,

1. Online prototyping and Balsamiq
We are launching a JISC community wide pilot for online prototyping with Balsamiq (http://balsamiq.com/products/mockups). The mockup or wireframing tool is normally viable as a desktop application. In this trial, we are deploying a wiki version to enable collaborative prototyping.

Try it out: https://www.wiki.ed.ac.uk/display/UX2/JISC+Balsamiq+Pilot

2. Usability and User-Centred Design day (UX2 workshop)
UX2 is coming to an end with a workshop in usability and user-centred design (UCD). We will be disseminating project findings and providing general information about usability and UCD. Dovetailing with the Balsamiq trial above, there will also be a "Prototyping  for Beginners" session involving practical activities using paper and Balsamiq.

https://www.wiki.ed.ac.uk/display/UX2/UCD+Day (registration opens next week).

Regards,

Boon

-----
Boon Low
UX2.0: Developer, Manager
UK National e-Science Centre
http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/boon

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.