****Apologies for cross-posting****

Dear All,

Below is the call for papers for City University, London 12th CCRP workshop which will be hosted by the IFP School Centre for Economics and Management will take place at IFP School in Rueil-Malmaison (8 km West of Paris). I attach the flyer and the pre-registration form that you need to use for submitting your paper to the workshop.

I am looking forward to seeing you all in France this summer!

Best wishes,

Xeni

Dr Xeni Dassiou, Reader in Economics

Director, Centre for Competition & Regulatory Policy

Director, MSc Economic Regulation & Competition

Economics Department - School of Social Sciences (D320)

City University London | Northampton Square | London EC1V 0HB | UK

Phone: (0) 20 7040 0206 | Fax: (0) 20 7040 8580

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web page: www.staff.city.ac.uk/x.dassiou

http://www.city.ac.uk/economics/CCRP/CCRP.html

Centre for Competition and Regulatory Policy Workshop

Rueil-Malmaison Paris, July 7 (afternoon) and 8, 2011

CALL FOR PAPERS

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: May 16th 2011

City University’s Centre for Competition and Regulatory Policy Summer Workshop, organized jointly with the Regulatory Policy Institute and the IFP School Centre for Economics and Management will take place at IFP School in Rueil-Malmaison (8 km West of Paris).

The workshop (including two lunches) will be free of charge, but accommodation, travel costs and a workshop dinner on Thursday are not included.

We would like to invite you to submit an extended abstract (3-4 pages) of work-in-progress. The areas to be covered in the workshop will include the following:

·         Economic regulation of infrastructure industries including airports, telecoms, broadcasting, water, postal services, etc;

·         Competition in the energy industries (including: oil, gas, electricity) and economic regulation of energy commodity markets;

·         Environmental regulation and climate change policy;

·         General and industry/market specific competition policy issues;

·         Boundaries and overlaps between economic regulation and competition policy for all utilities and networks.

We welcome both theoretical and empirical papers, including "case study" oriented work. As this is a workshop, we are very happy to consider research that will not be at the “full paper stage” by the time of the workshop – for planning purposes only please do make this clear at submission.

Each presenter will have 20 minutes to present his/her work followed by comments from an assigned discussant, plus general discussion. If you are willing to act as an assigned discussant we would also like to hear from you.

The call for papers closes on May 16th 2011. The program and list of presenters will be confirmed and notification will be made to presenters by May 31st, 2011. Completed drafts of accepted papers/presentations are due by June 20th, 2011 so as to allow discussants time to review the work and prepare their comments.

Abstract/paper submissions as a pdf or MS word file to should be emailed to:

If you have any queries, please contact the local organizer: Olivier Massol, ([log in to unmask]).

We hope you will be able to join us for an intellectually stimulating workshop in Rueil-Malmaison.

Yours sincerely,

The organizers: Xeni Dassiou, Jon Stern, Albert Banal-Estañol, and Olivier Massol

PS: The CCRP workshop will be preceded by a Doctoral Seminar organized by the French Association for Energy Economics (FAEE  www.faee.fr) on Thursday morning July 7th entirely dedicated to the economics of the energy industries. Delegates for the CCRP workshop on July 7th and 8th are more than welcome to attend the FAEE Doctoral Seminar and the workshop dinner on Thursday evening will be for both events.

Olivier MASSOL
Lecturer in Economics

IFP School / Centre for Economics & Management

228-232 avenue Napoléon Bonaparte,

92852 Rueil-Malmaison Cedex, France.

Tel.: +33 (0)1 47 52 68 26
Email: [log in to unmask]