*with apologies for cross posting*

The latest issue of the CILIP Health Libraries Group newsletter is now available online at:

http://www.cilip.org.uk/get-involved/special-interest-groups/health/pages/newsletter.aspx

As well as the usual features, key items in this issue include:

Guest Editorial:
- From HLG Chair, Pauline Blagden

Internet sites of interest:
- Open access; an update

Meeting reports:
- MLA '10 Reflect and Connect, 21st - 26th May 2010, Washington DC

Book reviews
- Harris R et al (2010) Configuring health consumers: health work and the imperative of personal responsibility. Palgrave Macmillan
** The Newsletter is currently looking for a new column editor for the Book Reviews column - full details in the Newsletter! **

Whilst reading this current issue, have a think about some of the developments and initiatives happening in your library service and consider writing a piece for the next issue - it would be great CPD! I always welcome original articles - just get in touch if you need any assistance in writing a piece. The next copydate is 13th May 2011.

With best wishes,
Elise

Elise Collins, BSc Econ (Hons), MCLIP
HLG Newsletter Editor

[cid:image003.png@01CBD832.F3460D90]

HLG is a UK based network of individuals working in or professionally interested in health and social care information. Our strength is our diverse and active membership covering all health and social sectors, and geographical areas in the UK. Members work for the health service, the academic sector, the independent sector, government departments, professional associations, charities and public libraries.  Students with an interest in health and social care information are also welcome. Several HLG members live and work abroad.

For more information:
Website: http://www.cilip.org.uk/get-involved/special-interest-groups/health/pages/default.aspx