An update:

1) The best bus to get back to Hove, near our Hotel, might be the
number 25. (Stopping at "Hove Town Hall", which appears to be at the
top of Third Avenue). This stop is not always available for this
service - the service at around 17:18 and the one at around 17:30 both
stop there (at around 18:14 and 18:26 ) according to the website.

1a) The trains seem reasonable (and are much faster!), the train
station is just across the main road from the campus. 8 minutes to
Brighton (not much longer again to Hove), trains leave 15minutely.

2) I've failed to book Terre A Terre, as they had a prior booking and
couldn't accommodate us.

2a) Ewan informs me that there is a Pizza Express within 2 minutes of
the Hotel. Call this Plan C.

2b) Plan B is a suggestion that we reconvene at the hotel at, say, 7pm
and decide on something. Even Plan C.

Sam

Sam