This old fart solicitor we had used to ask for any new information since
(date) and he obviously was stockpiling medical records so he would have the
complete set until I changed it all.
I also really really pissed him off by refusing to give him any information
until he had provided me with evidence that he was, indeed, a real
solicitor,. and therefore bound to act in the patients best interests, as he
was dealing with at risk individuals who were easily taken advantage of. As
I was not only a PM, but also a Nurse, It was my duty to be patients
advocate and ensure that no action or omission on the part of ourselves
would result in any harm to the patient, and that included checking up on
people who were asking for access to confidential and private medical
records.
I remember having concerns about giving info out to these no win no fee gits
who have no  professional qualifications, neither are they bound by any
regulatory body, so they could do what the heck they wanted with the
records, and with blind consent from the patient, they have little or no
legal comeback.

As a side issue, one of my American friends, will not provide letters to
solicitors from 3rd parties, they have to chase them, So no letters from
consultants etc, She just notes that the patient had been referred and seen
by Dr.. and the pills were now changed to ...
The lawyers she has, have to work harder and pay consultants for access to
THEIR medical records, which must drive them nuts if a patient has multiple
problems and is under several consultants, physios, OTs, .....and it goes
on,,,,,,,and on......and on.....
I figured the rules must be different in different states