Supporting you structuring and managing a volunteer programme

In this current climate cultural organisations are relying even more on volunteers and in order to make this effective you need structure and good management. On 7th April we are running Structuring and Managing a volunteer programme: An essential introduction to policy and practice aimed to support you in managing your volunteers. This course sets out the unique nature of volunteering, and how best to engage unpaid support. Attendees will gain an overview of volunteering good practice, looking at issues such as recruitment, creating volunteer policies and what to do if things go wrong.

Mark Restall, who will be running the session, has plenty of experience when it comes to volunteering. Prior to being a freelance trainer and consultant on volunteer management he was Head of Information at Volunteering England, responsible for their good practice advice. He has written a number of publications, including Volunteers and the Law. Not only will you benefit from his expertise on the day but you will also have the opportunity of his support for 3 months after the course as part of our course package.

It costs just £145 plus VAT including all course materials.

Don't forget you can book and pay for all your learning on-line.  Or give me a call if you need more information or advice.  If you are interested but can't spare the time from your museum, library or archive for training then consider our tailored in-house package as a low-cost alternative.  Normally any of our public programmes can be tailored to your own situation - just let us know.

Kind regards,

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
Tel:  079 8565 9425
Email:
Follow us on Twitter: @LearningCC

Web: www.creatingcapacity.org

Learning programmes to develop confidence

and inspire the profession now and for the future