Dear FSL users,

I want to compare three groups which corresponds to 3 stages of a disease. I don't really understand how can I do:
1) Is it better to do a t-test or an ANOVA?
2) I don't really understand how to build the design. I would like to do this:
EV1 (stage A)   EV2 (stage B)   EV3 (stage C)
1                            0                        0
1                            0                        0
1                            0                        0
0                            1                        0
0                            1                        0
0                            1                        0
0                            0                        1
0                            0                        1
0                            0                        1

and I would like to contrast each group with the others:

A vs B              -1             1          0
A vs B               1            -1          0
B vs C               0             1          -1
B vs C               0             -1         1
A vs C               1              0         -1
A vs C               -1             0         1

3) I have another problem: I have a lot of covariables: age, sexe (binary value), alcohol addiction (binary value), drug addiction (binary value) and presence of treatment (binary value). I demean age for each group or for the entire sample?

4) Have I to change the column "group" given by defaukt by the GLM GUI?

Thanks for all,
C.