Hi all

I'm analyzing resting state data in a group of children and I would like to correlate RS networks strenght with several attentional/inhibitory related scores.
Assuming just one covariate. I have two EVs. the group mean and the covariate for each subject.
the first contrast [1 0] give me the group mean

1)
should I explicitly create two contrasts for investigating the positive [0 1] and negative [0 -1] correlation between my components and my covariate, or I just create the [0 1] one and melodic output the correlation sign as either a blue or red map for deactivation (neg correlation) and activation (pos correlation) respectively??

2)assuming one covariate and only one [0 1] contrast

I cannot properly understand the meaning of the different combinations among
a) Full model F-test
b) group mean contrast
c) the covariate contrast.

I can have different significance combinations.

full model F test, group mean, covariate correlation.
full model F test, group mean
full model F test,                  , covariate correlation.

and so on....

In order to may affirm that a network is present in all the subjects do i need the significance of both full model F-test and group mean contrast or only the latter one?.

In order to may affirm that a component strength correlate with a covariate do I need all the three significance (full model F-test, group mean contrast and covariate contrast) or only the latter two.

for example which is the difference between having the three significance or just mean and covariate, or just full model and covariate, or simply the covariate.

sorry for all these question,
thanks in advance

Alberto