Hello Eugene and FSL experts,

I am sorry that I insist but in the Filippini paper, specifically in the Materials and Methods section you can read the following:

Filippini et. al.
"(ii) using these time-course matrices in a linear model fit (temporal regression) against the associated fMRI data set to estimate subject-specific spatial maps. Finally, the different component maps are collected across subjects into single 4D files (1 per original ICA map, with the fourth dimension being subject identification) and tested voxel-wise for statistically significant differences between groups using nonparametric permutation testing (5,000 permutations) (55). This results in spatial maps characterizing the between-subject/group differences.

These maps were thresholded using an alternative hypothesis test based on fitting a Gaussian/gamma mixture model to the distribution of voxel intensities within spatial maps (see ref. 31 for further details) and controlling the local false-discovery rate at P < 0.05"

Now I am confused because after read that description my understanding is that after he used the dual regression analysis followed by randomise,   he thresholded the statistical maps from randomise using the gaussian/gamma mixture model. I believe that also since professor Christian F. Beckmann agreed with that in the post previously mentioned (https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin A2=ind1009&L=FSL&P=R17502&1=FSL&9=A&I=3&J=on&X=565E91456B012C3733&Y=lojicas%40yahoo.com&d=No+Match%3BMatch%3BMatches&z=4)

That is why I greatly appreciate if somebody would please help me with my previous questions or clarify this concern  to me

Thank you so much in advance

Lorena