Hello,
          The --peakdist option should use the Euclidean distance to ensure a minimum distance between all local maxima. If you have a file where this option appears to be working incorrectly, please upload it to:

http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/upload.cgi

and let us know the 6-digit reference number and we will check what is happening.

Many Regards

Matthew