Dear Mark

Thank you very much for your e-mail

In fact the DaTScans are very different to "normal" SPECT or PET, e.g. FDG PET. In the latter you have activity in the entire brain, so I think that normalization to a T1 (maybe after BET) should be possible (although I have no personal experience here).

The image of a DaTScan is fundamentally different (see attachment). In fact activity is present only in the basal ganglia. I think that therefore the procedure to normalize the scans should be very different.

I like FSL, and I would like to analyze VBM and TBSS. Therefore it would be best to analyze the DaTScan also in FSL, followed by a RANDOMISE analysis

Any help is highly appreciated

Sven

PS: The image was refused (too large). Maybe I can send it to you in another way??