Patricia
There may be cultural differences but as long as the main ethical tenets of patient autonomy,beneficence, non-maleficience and justice are met I think the study,any study can stand public scrutiny.The danger in not formulating broad principles before doing a study is that one might get fixated on the ideas& hypotheses and forget that clinical studies in Medicine have downstream results often not easily predicted.
Madhu Singh
Assistant Clinical Professor
Medicine
University of California