From: Trevor Evans <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:59
Subject: Re: Online Volunteering for Lybia Crisis Mapping

the view that there was no need for such a facetious remark - it was quite clear

what was meant. It is frequent comments such as these which doubtlessly put

people off the CGF. Compared to the various 'sins' made by Dr Shaw - asking how

computer programmes work, 'the world's hardest quiz', 'marketing sofas' and

'Torgay', to name but a few examples - this was a relatively minor one. I speak

with little authority, being a simple retired South Walian bus driver with a

keen interest in the Italian immigrant experience, but this kind of roguish

behaviour does little to aid the plight of the brave citizens of Libya.

Trev Evans

Department of Transport Studies

University of Pontypandy