From: CRB-HE [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rob Dawson
Sent: 15 March 2011 19:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CRB-HE] Repeat CRB checks

Dear all

Where a student has taken a break from studies (3 months or more, not including the summer vacation) we also do a repeat check.  The argument being that we can not 'safely' account for the behaviour of the student whilst they have been away.  We would term the absence as a break in service.  The DfE rules allow for this.

Thank you and kind regards.

Rob Dawson BA (Hons), MA, MAUA
Institutional Compliance Officer
University of Chester