Will do Helen and all,

Just to update everyone, we have now applied to the Courts for bail and are waiting for the hearing date and time to be set.

They have not stopped the removal (only temporarily) as they have refused our claim for asylum under the Human Rights Act Article 8 a right to a Family Life as they DO NOT recognise that we have a claim given that Jeanine (in their warped world) is now considered to be an adult at age 18yrs.

I am thinking about whether it is possible to argue that children seeking asylum are currently being discriminated against as a child in care who is an EU national would NOT be considered to have attained adulthood until they are 21 if not in full time education and 24 if they are in full time education.

Currently children seeking asylum are treated as adults the day the become 18yrs of age and this includes sending them back to situations and countries where they are at particular risk of exploitation. We are currently sending children back to Afghanistan and many countries around the world so that they can be trafficked again by perpetrators and those who free to exploit and use them for their own ends which in all cases means profit!

In order for our case to be heard in the European Courts we have to exhaust the UK Court process first and to be honest given the amount of energy and stress just getting to here has caused for all of my girls I’m not sure if this would be wise but it would I think benefit so many children if we were able to show that this is unlawful discrimination. Especially as we have now signed up to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

I will keep everyone posted re developments and other ways of supporting as we go along. For those who want to there is a facebook page (I know it’s not my favourite network either given the level of control they exert but in this case it has had its uses!) at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_190072967698133&ap=1 for anyone who wants to join as I usually update this daily as we have over 2000 members now.

If you do sign up to this remember to alter your settings as otherwise you might be inundated with emails when the conversations get going.

With thanks again to everyone for your kinds offers of support and your kind words, knowing you are out there gives me strength as I know we do not stand alone against oppressive and inhumane institutions like the UKBA and the Home Office.

It was VERY SCARY going to their offices on Thursday to hand in the petition but we managed to do so despite their protestations that they would not see us without an appointment. I think when the under secretary we were with said, “I really don’t think they’re going anywhere till someone comes to see them!” they sort of got the message that we would not go away and although we only got to see admin people they had to give us a written acknowledgement of our submissions and we got a written statement that Damian Green would consider this when making a decision which is something which has not happened so be assured we will be holding them to account for this!

 Yours in Solidarity

Jacx and the Lovell-Kamba family

Jacqui Lovell

Project Lead