Standard-Vorlage

We are looking for a PhD student in cryo electron microscopy. Our laboratory (http://lbr.web.psi.ch/) is working with a number of membrane proteins and in particular G protein coupled receptors. The goal is to prepare stabilized membrane proteins in a highly functional form and reconstitute them with lipids into two-dimensional crystals for 2D crystallography strategies. The candidate will work in a very experienced group at the Paul Scherrer Institute in Switzerland and we have exceptional facilities supporting the preparative work and the crystallographic measurements. The project is part of the preparation for the Swiss X-ray Free Electron Laser (SwissFEL). The candidate is expected to have a Master degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields.

Please send a letter of interest and a CV directly to Dr Ching-Ju Tsai ([log in to unmask]).

Recent publications from the Schertler Laboratory:

Standfuss J, Edwards PC, D'Antona A, Fransen M, Xie G., Oprian DD, & Schertler GF. The structural basis of agonist induced activation in constitutively active rhodopsin. Nature. 2011; in press.

Warne T, Moukhametzianov R, Baker JG, Nehmé R, Edwards PC, Leslie AG, Schertler GF, Tate CG. The structural basis for agonist and partial agonist action on a β(1)-adrenergic receptor. Nature. 2011; 469(7329):241-4.

Prof. Gebhard F.X. Schertler

Head of Biology and Chemistry

Paul Scherrer Institut

Laboratory of Biomolecular Research, BMR

OFLC 109

CH-5232 Villigen PSI

phone +41 (0)56 310 4265

http://bio.web.psi.ch/