Hi James,

I remember that P1 did not help. That was like 2 years ago. That crystal
was very important at that time, so I had to use it. There were many
other crystals since then (native,  mutants and complexes) in the same
space group without problems. But also I had even a more weird crystal
that Randy Read was interested to investigate fully. That crystal
produced a nice diffraction to high resolution, scaled perfectly in any
program, had no twinning. It had the same space group with slightly
different cell dimensions . It gave huge LLG in phaser, but could never
be refined. I sent those data to many people, and Randy figured out the
type of disorder that crystal had. I guess, some crystals can be very weird.

Maia