The program doesn't really make it very clear why Brownjohn is on board. He was chairman of the Poetry Society from 1982-88 - his views on the Poetry Wars can be further examined in this review of Peter Barry's book.

http://www.poetrysociety.org.uk/lib/tmp/cmsfiles/File/review/972Brownjohn.pdf

There's a little family of critical tropes of Cobbing's work from that period, many of them applied indistinguishably to other experimental work too.

"Leading nowhere" is one of the tropes and for me the most questionable, really in its assumptions. Only certain kinds of artistic evolution are contemplated by this expression, basically evolution within a pre-envisaged and pre-limited culture. You can turn it on its head and say that Cobbing's work was the only perceptible British  "leading" in the last century that demonstrably did lead somewhere! Its a question of what sort of evolution counts; (also whether to tolerate the false analogy between biological species and cultural conception of artform that is implied by "evolution").

There is also "lack of civic responsibility" (ultimately from Davie)

"Poetry-lovers don't have a fellow-feeling for this as poetry."

"The work has thickness but no depth"  (perhaps originally applied to surrealism, then to deep image and language sound and vis)

As far as I understood it AB's strictures  principally concern propositions 2 and 3, but not 1 and 4.