Lunch was great. salami and cheese sandwiches and a container filled with
various salads. all sitting
outside http://archiseek.com/wp-content/gallery/shaneotoole/17j.jpg.

back indoors now. full and tired so I won't say much more than I largely agree
with you about the problems of a bipartite structure and have always found
your consistent questioning of the classifications of poetry on various lists
very useful and important. it is all too easy to look across the divide with
disdain all because of a tribe mentality.

in saying that I also do not think that all poetry is the same and somewhere
along the line we need to classify in order to identify or distinguish. but with
every attempt there are problems. that is why the ongoing conversation regarding
classifications of poetry is important. so as not to be or become reductive
and threatening.

I also think that if every person / poet in the world thought the same way you
did then these kind of distinctions would become wonderfully unnecessary. but it
is just not my experience. in particular when I open up the majority of
anthologies which often just ignore or are quite hostile to modernisms.

oh to have a perfect world.
anyway, my list of poets was only meant as a guide and would welcome papers  on
any poet people can think of in relation to these topics. all non violent of
course

Jimmy