Talked it up on the ahadada facebook page and thanks for David for
pointing it our way.  I liked what Brownjohn had to say about Bob & Co.
creating a back water for poetry--which is essentially true.  There's
no next step for any of it if you don't count computer higgily jiggly
as part of its forward evolution.  I remember Bob C.'c teeth--which
were kind of terrible as he howled, and the delicacy of his heel and toe
dance in open-toed sandals as he "footed it"--bard-wise-- during his
performance.  In a different context Ed Sanders made the observation
that some of the finest U.S. poets had the worst teeth because they
couldn't afford dental coverage--and this applied no less to Bob C.
too, I think.

Love the part about Thatcher seeing sperm in Bob's nasty art, and really
enjoyed the BBC reporter who blanks his mind (at Bob C's suggestion)
and moans with gusto along with Bob performing one of his hits.

Peter Finch says good things along with Ian Sinclair and a composer
(can't recall his name)--

Brownjohn says that Bob C. was a good guy but that some of his followers
were jerks.

Lawrence Upton was the crackerjack surprise telling us all that he's
gotten older and making sure that we know that he was present (one of
two!) at Bob C.'s death bed and that the torch was sufficiently passed.
 No comment from the reporter.

A delightful voice--new to me--a woman involved with sound poetry and
visual art for 50 years says some interesting things about this form of
art--making: the cogent comparison between the Tate Modern--things
happening there--and the lack of major recognition for works of poetry
like Bob C's and her own.  She had a wren-like voice and gave a good
granny cackle after she performed the title piece of the presentation.

The intensity of the confrontation at the poetry society--one group
advancing on the other and that sort of war in heaven type thing--with
Bob's fallen angels between ejected into obscurity for decades--that
would be interesting to see amplified on this list.

I wish it could happen in America, with experimental poets marching on
the dullards and ejecting them from places of importance, but it will
never happen--or perhaps only happen when all the lake monsters follow
Nessie's lead and float belly-up to the sun.

In short, if you haven't listened to the BBC presentation, you've got
to for the fun of it.  Jess