I am “pretty certain” that using the option in the building block to set this does not include the value, at least in the limited test we did last week I know it did not but I am not 100% sure I had included it in the total.

Peter

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andy Turner
Sent: 29 March 2011 16:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BLACKBOARD-USERGROUP] Calling Turnitin users - passing grades into BB

Thanks for that tip Leo.

You’re right – hiding My Grades on a particular course doesn’t stop that course showing up in their global My Grades view.

And actually, hiding the individual column (which is pretty much a one-click job) doesn’t entirely solve the problem. The student can still see their Total score – which of course includes the Turnitin mark.

So I’ve now gone into “Edit Column Information” and unticked “Include this Column in Grade Centre Calculations”.

That solves it, but is a bit more fiddly for staff to do – especially if they then have to go in and reverse the settings after the post date.

all the best

Andy