Archives and Records Association Northern Region
Regional Meeting

Dear Member

The Northern Region of the Archives and Record Association will be meeting at 2pm on Wednesday 23rd March at the in the boardroom at the Henry Moore Institute in Leeds (
http://www.henry-moore.org/hmi ). Further details of the venue are available on their website. Please note we will be starting at 2pm so would appreciate it if you could be around from about 1.45pm.

The theme of this meeting will be on advocacy and the promotion of our services and archives. Rene Kinzett, the Head of Public Affairs at the ARA will be coming to the meeting to talk about advocacy and our services.  This should be a really useful meeting and opportunity for us to talk about the best way of promoting the importance of archives in difficult times. If you've not been to a meeting of the Northern Region, or have not come to a meeting in some time, then this is a great time to get involved with the region and the Association.

If you'd like to meet us for some lunch we'll be in the cafe at Leeds Art Gallery from 12.15 (details at http://www.leeds.gov.uk/artgallery/leeds_art_gallery/the_tiled_hall.aspx )

The Art Gallery and Henry Moore Institute are in the centre of Leeds. Google maps suggests they are an 11 minute walk from the train station. Information on parking in Leeds can be found at http://www.leeds.gov.uk/page.aspx?pageidentifier=fa6c992d-8272-40eb-97e8-7e67122bb02e .

If you are planning on attending the business meeting please get in contact with me to let me know by Monday March 21st at the very latest. We need to know how many teas to order and supply an exact number of attendees for the Henry Moore Institute. We will be I will also be accepting apologies for absence. If you would like an agenda for the meeting or minutes from the November meeting in Barnsley please do get in touch with me .

I will be accepting written reports from repositories in the region and would urge you, whether you are able to attend or not, to pass your news onto the region in this way. If possible, it would be very much appreciated if you could pass written reports to me by Monday 21st March at the very latest. Written reports have proved to be very popular, and they don't have to be very long - just a paragraph or two is fine!

As ever, if you do have any further questions don’t hesitate to get in touch, and we look forward to seeing you.

All the best,

Lizzy Baker
Northern Region Communications Secretary

Public Services Officer
East Riding of Yorkshire Archives and Local Studies Service

County Hall
Beverley
HU17 9BA

Tel: (01482) 392790

are addressed.

Please note that the East Riding of Yorkshire Council is able to,
and reserves the right to, monitor e-mail communications passing through
its network.

If you have received this email in error please notify our mail manager
at [log in to unmask]

Whilst every effort has been made to check for viruses in this e-mail
and any attachments, the Council does not warrant that it or they are
free of viruses. If in any doubt then please ask for the hard copy.