From: Hanna Kienzler <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, March 16, 2011 10:08:17 AM
Subject: Re: SOS

*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

Some additional information:
AI:
http://www.amnesty.org/en/for-media/press-releases/violent-crackdown-bahrain-condemned-2011-03-15

<http://www.amnesty.org/en/for-media/press-releases/violent-crackdown-bahrain-condemned-2011-03-15>

HRW:
http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2011/03/16/bahrain-martial-law-does-not-trump-basic-rights

<http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2011/03/16/bahrain-martial-law-does-not-trump-basic-rights>

Hanna

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Elena KhlinovskayaRockhill <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> *        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
> * A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
> * online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
> * and international contacts directory.                *
>
> Amazing. So there IS something that we can do even though it might have
> seemed that there wasn't...
>

> On Mar 16 2011, Ines Hasselberg wrote:
>
>  I couldn't reach the university website either, but found her profile on
>> Academia.edu- http://uob.academia.edu/SawsanKarimi/About
>>
>> The guarding  and the independent have a piece on this mornings events in
>> Bahrain but neither is reporting the levels of violence that Karimi is
>> alerting us to. I have forwarded her email to the guardian and the
>> independent and urged them to look into it, but I doubt they will....
>> Other
>> than that I am not sure what we can do. I suppose a letter of protest
>> could
>> sent to the Bahrani embassy in London. Would there be any one available to
>> draft it?
>> Ines.
>>

>> On 16/03/2011 07:34, "Elena KhlinovskayaRockhill" <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  ******************************************************
>>> *        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
>>> * A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
>>> * online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
>>> * and international contacts directory.                *
>>>  ******************************************************
>>>
>>> Is this for real?
>>>
>>> I tried to get to the University of Bahrain website but it is not
>>> working.
>>>
>>> In any case, how can we help?
>>>
>>> On Mar 16 2011, SawsanKarimi wrote:
>>>
>>>  ******************************************************

> --
> Dr Elena KhlinovskayaRockhill
> Scott Polar Research Institute
> University of Cambridge
> Lensfield Road
> Cambridge CB2 1ER
> UK
> tel. <%2B7%20910%20428%204825>+7 910 428 4825 (cell, in Russia)
>  <%2B44%280%297904332706>+44(0)7904332706 (cell, in the UK)
>     e-mail: [log in to unmask] skype: lerock9396
>
> http://www.berghahnbooks.com/title.php?rowtag=RockhillLost.
> * To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
> * messages visit:                                             *
> * http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
> * If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
> * those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
> *       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
> *       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
> *    an international directory of anthropology researchers   *

Hanna Kienzler
5485 Rue Lavoie; App 39
Montreal, QC, H3W 2J8
Canada