Call for expressions of interest in Chairing the *2012* ALT
Conference

With apologies for duplicate posting

==
2012 ALT Conference (ALT-C 2012)

Call for Conference Chair/Co-Chairs

ALT-C 2012 will take place between 11 and 13 September 2012 at the
University of Manchester, England.

ALT's Trustees are seeking an experienced Chair (or 2 Co-Chairs) for
the ALT-C 2012 Programme Committee, who will play a major role in
planning ALT-C 2012, and in determining the conference's overall focus.

The role is unremunerated, but travel and subsistence costs will be met
by ALT, with the conference fee waived.

We are looking to appoint a person (or two people) with the following
qualities:

1. National/international standing in the learning technology field.

2. The commitment and vision to make the conference a success.

3. The capacity to chair a major conference, and its programme committee.

4. Enthusiasm for and/or experience of working with ALT.

We would also prefer to appoint someone who has not previously
chaired or co-chaired ALT-C.

Planning and organisation of ALT-C will be the responsibility of the ALT
Director of Development and the Chair/Co-Chairs of the Programme
Committee, with support from key committee members and from the ALT
staff team.

To express an interest, please send a plain text email to me
([log in to unmask]), organised under the 4 headings above, to
arrive by Tuesday 3 May 2011. Expressions of interest from pairs of
people interested in co-chairing with each other can be submitted as a
single email. Under heading 2 we are particularly interested to learn
about your ideas for the 2011 conference, for example suggestions for
its main theme and for how to maximise the impact of the conference. As
an informal guideline, please limit your expression of interest to no
more than 500 words in total.

A call for Programme Committee members for ALT-C 2012 will be issued
at the 2011 ALT Conference, and we expect that a substantial proportion
of Programme Committee members will have been involved with previous ALT
conferences i.e. they are an experienced and constructive body of people
who will be a delight to work with.

Please note that we also very much welcome "without prejudice"
expressions of interest to chair ALT-C in future years.

For information about previous and current ALT conferences, see:
http://www.alt.ac.uk/altc2011/
http://www.alt.ac.uk/altc2010/
http://www.alt.ac.uk/altc2009/

A copy of this call can be accessed as a PDF file from http://goo.gl/yCnk0

Seb Schmoller

--
Seb Schmoller, Chief Executive
Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
--
email: [log in to unmask]
direct phone: +44 (0)114 2586899