Hi Emma,

Well, I’ve been very interested in Isobel Gowdie for years, but I’ve had to neglect my research on Scottish fairy beliefs in the last 5 years or so – annoyingly! – as my other research, on completely unrelated topics, has to be prioritized.  So I’m glad to follow it up with someone else’s (yours) research.

Yes, the paperback is available on amazon.co.uk, as well as the hardback, but it seems that only the hardback is available on amazon.com

~Caroline.

From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of emma wilby
Sent: Sunday, 27 March 2011 2:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Visions of Isobel Gowdie

Hi Caroline,

No journal reviews as yet - though I'm really pleased to hear that it's being reviewed in JFR. I'm as keen as you are to hear the academic consensus. I hope you manage to get hold of the paperback (its not the easiest book to get hold of, esp. in Australia) and that it lives up to your expectations.

Best, Emma

  _____