The whole essence of Durer's woodcuts was that he went many steps
BEYOND what a photograph could have achieved. You only have to take a
look at the Rhinoceros to see what I mean.

Essence of rhino, by someone who had never seen one.

--

"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his
nose out of doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were