Hi,

Neither 1 nor 2. It is equivalent to Affine + Non-linear with proportional scaling with the (inverse of the) affine scaling. The affine scaling parameter is a good approximator for ICV, see http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/eTIV.

>Q1: If so, does that mean that I do not use "Proportional" Normalization when using non-linear only?
>Q2: If so, does that mean I do use "Overall Grand Mean Scaling" when using non-linear only?

Please do not use additional "Overall Grand Mean Scaling" or "Prpportional Scaling". If you decide for the "non-linear modulation" option this is equivalent to correct for ICV (or at least an approximator of that) and no additional correction is necessary.

Regards,

Christian

Christian Gaser, Ph.D.
Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology
Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena
Jahnstrasse 3, D-07743 Jena, Germany
Tel: ++49-3641-934752	Fax:   ++49-3641-934755
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de