Colleagues:   Apologies for cross-posting.  This message contains some updates on the launch of the International Environmental Communication Association (IECA), including important details about the upcoming election of our first set of eight members of the IECA Board of Directors.

Updates:

1.  IECA now has 82 Founding members and two organizational/institutional members from 20 different countries.  If you would like to become a Founding member, visit our web site at http://environmentalcomm.org, click on "become a Founding member," and follow directions from there.  The web site also lists the names of the founding members.  Thanks for your support!

2.  11 individuals have self-nominated to run for office in the inaugural election for Board of Directors.  You have until April 1 to nominate yourself for a Board of Directors position.  Go to http://environmentalcomm.org, click on "elections," and follow directions from there.  Information about the candidates can also be found on the site by clicking on the "Elections" tab.

Election details:

We will be using a two-step process developed with the Qualtrics software program for conducting the on-line election for Board of Directors members.  Between now and April 22 (Earth Day), anyone who is interested (whether you are a Founding member or not) can go to http://environmenalcomm.org, click on "register to vote," and register by logging in a valid name and e-mail address.  Once registration closes, on April 23 those who have registered will receive an e-mail message containing a link to an on-line ballot.  This link can be used only once.  Voting will be open from April 23 to May 15.  Top eight vote getters will become members of the first IECA Board of Directors.

This approach meets several important criteria:

*available to anyone who is interested
*easy to use and on-line
*maintains anonymity and one-person one-vote
*results tabulated automatically

VOTER REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!  If you have any questions about the process, inquire OFF-LIST to [log in to unmask]