When you’ve learnt the basics of presenting web content using HTML and CSS, what can you do next?  How about incorporating programming technologies within your web site?  Sounds tricky? Don’t worry - Netskills can teach you how with 2 great workshops running in Birmingham in March.

Programming for Web Developers
===============================
Learn core web programming concepts and languages to help you develop the confidence to add exciting, dynamic functionality to your web site.  Running in Birmingham on 22nd March, we introduce and explain:
• Web programming languages and environments
• Core programming fundamentals (variables, loops, conditionals etc.)
• Practical programming to build web applications
• Designing and planning web applications
• Selecting suitable programming technologies for web development projects
• Script repositories - the pitfalls (and benefits) of using someone else's code

Previous attendees say: “The Course hit the right note for me - providing a good starting point, covering the different programming languages available while concentrating on the basics....Very useful to do as a 2 day course with PHP tomorrow”

22nd March 2011, Programming for Web Developers, New Technology Institute, Birmingham
Book your place online: http://bit.ly/gvfuL8

PHP: Primed & Ready
====================
PHP is a popular server scripting language, using PHP you can create fast, dynamic web applications which interact with HTML forms, databases, XML documents, mail servers and much more. Fancy learning how to do it for yourself?

On this workshop we guide you through the main features of PHP and enable you to start building your own dynamic web applications.  To get the most from this workshop, you’ll need to be comfortable working with HTML code and editing text files.  We don’t cover programming (that’s covered in Programming for Web Developers on 22nd March) and you should also have some experience or understanding of core programming concepts (in any language) e.g. variables, conditional statements, functions etc.

This packed workshop will introduce and explain:
•	What is PHP and how does it work?
•	Understanding the PHP environment
•	Programming constructs in PHP
•	Processing HTML forms with PHP
•	Extended PHP functionality
•	Building PHP web applications
If you’re a new PHP user, and want to add dynamic server side functionality to your website, or have started to use PHP and want to understand more about how it works, then this course is what you need!

23rd March 2011, PHP: Primed & Ready, New Technology Institute, Birmingham
Book your place online: http://bit.ly/ifKjAK

These workshops form part of a wider programme of Netskills workshops, for more information on dates, topics, prices and locations see our website: http://bit.ly/fOpGJD

We look forward to welcoming you to one of our workshops.

Lisa

Lisa Vincent
Training & Administration Co-ordinator
www.netskills.ac.uk
0191 222 5000

JISC Netskills is a JISC Advance service hosted at Newcastle University