Thanks, Brian and Paula for your postings - I agree with you - this looks a most useful approach to representing otherwise tacit knowledge and offering the representation for critical engagement. I am sure your event will be highly successful and wish you well with it. Brian, you are helping me to articulate my approach to writing for publication. Incidentally, your poems seemed not to have come through with your posting. If you'd like to send them to me I am happy to forward them.

I think in brightly coloured images - and I can also hear words as I plan. Using a technique akin to sketching ideas I story board. The is particularly helpful for me when I am constructing web-based research accounts using the MERLOT (content free) system which provides easy, useful 'front end' access to templates where I can upload images, audio and text.

Sometimes I find it useful to sketch and jot notes on separate pieces of paper and I lay them out on a floor (when my cat is out!) Moving them round and reflecting on the changing dynamics between constituent sections enables me to develop (further) ideas. Herein resides an auditory/kinaesthetic and visual approach to learning lubricated by occasional coffee!

Warm regards,

Sarah