In our seminar I am going to be referring to the KEEP Toolkit templates Brian's mentioned. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching handed over the KEEP system to MERLOT - here is a link to explain the collaboration between them. There is also a link to the Gallery for their 'snapshots' using the templates. Look at the variety of and possibilities for their use - this potential is what makes using this simple front end technology attractive!
http://www.carnegiefoundation.org/newsroom/press-releases/merlot-and-carnegie-foundation-put-effective-innovations-practice
http://gallery.carnegiefoundation.org/gallery_of_tl/keep_toolkit.html (one of my snapshots of practice is there - if you type in my name it should show up. I used KEEP to record my visit to a school in Japan to participate in 'kounai ken', which is the main form of teachers' CPD.
Warm regards,
Sarah

Sarah Fletcher

Convenor for BERA Mentoring and Coaching SIG.  Further details at http://www.bera.ac.uk