Hello,
Thanks for the quick replies.  I've been able to get cosbell to work on other images, so it must have something to do with the particular image I'm trying to make the filter for.  I've attached the image that I'm trying to make the filter for, so maybe you can give it a try.  As a note, it's been converted from a fits file using fits2ndf, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Todd