A couple of comments:

(1) VBM is not the best measure of density;
(2) Unmodulated images will give you a percentage of grey matter per
voxel -- not necessarily density (or tissue density)
(3) Since you are looking a how much tissue you have per voxel and not
modulating, you are looking at a property of the tissue. Since tissue
properties (like FA, MD, T2 time, etc.) are independent of brain
volume, there is no need to include TBV, or TICV.
(4) If you switch to modulated images, then TBV or TICV might need to
be included in the model depending on how the modulation was done. See
http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de/vbm/segmentation/modulation/ for more
details.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
=================
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General
Hospital and Harvard Medical School
Office: (773) 406-2464
=====================
This e-mail contains CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION which may contain
PROTECTED HEALTHCARE INFORMATION and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
and which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of the e-mail is not the intended recipient
or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you are in possession of
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use,
disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this e-mail unintentionally, please
immediately notify the sender via telephone at (773) 406-2464 or
email.