The flow field looks pretty OK to me.  I thought that you were
referring to something that was uniformly grey.  This is the x
component.  The other components can be viewed by looking at
u_rc1*_Template.nii,2 and u_rc1*_Template.nii,3 (by changing the 1 in
the file selector to 1:3).

Also note that the main objective of Dartel is to align all the scans
in the study together.  When you normalise to MNI space, the images
that are closely aligned within study are all affine transformed to
MNI space.  The version of MNI space is only really defined for affine
aligned brain images (ie the rather blurred averages).  You should
note that the single subject brain that people often overlay their
results on does not define MNI space.  It is just the scan of a single
individual that has been affine registered to MNI space.

Best regards,
-John