Von: Fred Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
An: [log in to unmask]
Gesendet: Freitag, den 18. Februar 2011, 15:03:32 Uhr
Betreff: [SPM] DCM and global signal

I recently used DCM (in SPM8) to model the connectivity between 2 brain regions. A reviewer was concerned that DCM contains a regressor for global signal and that including this regressor could introduce artificial anti-correlations.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me understand this.  I did not think DCM used a regressor for global signal - was this done in prior versions of DCM?  Or is this referring to the constant term from the first level analysis? Also, how could that introduce anti-correlations?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!