Hi Margarita,

Thanks for the SSS invitation , I will forward  it to my email list.
Please tell me  if I could contribute in any other way.
Regards,
Circe

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Margarita Greene Zuniga <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
JANUARY 2011
Dear Space Syntax Community

This mail is the official CALL FOR PAPERS for the
EIGHTH INTERNATIONAL SPACE SYNTAX SYMPOSIUM that will be held in Santiago de Chile at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile between Tuesday 3rd and Friday 6th of January 2012.
The opening session will be on Tuesday 3rd January 2012, the workshops and sessions between Wednesday 4th and Friday 6th.
Further information on the event will be announced and up-dated on a web-site for the symposiumŠ in design and construction process.
The aims of the SSS_8 are:
1. To bring together members of the space syntax community to share recent work and theoretical and methodological issues.
2. To exchange ideas and research with neighbouring disciplines in the pursuit of common research goals
3. To invite practitioners in the fields of urban design and architecture and apace related disciplines.

CALL FOR PAPERS
The symposium will especially welcome abstracts and papers on the following themes:
1.    Spatial Analysis and Architectural Theory
2.     Urban Space and Social, Economic and Cultural Phenomena
3.       Building Morphology and Usage
4. Historical Evolution of the Built Form
5.        Spatial Cognition
6.     Modelling and Methodological Development
7.      Software Development
8.  Others

TIMETABLE:
  • Submission of Abstracts:        March 1th to April 4th
  • Submission of Papers:   April 18th to July 18th
  • Notification of Acceptance of Papers: October 3rd
  • Deadline for Re-Submission of Papers with Observations: October 31st
  • Early Registration:             July 18th to October 31st
  • Conference              January 3rd to Friday 6th

Please note that it will be necessary to submit an abstract to get a paper accepted even though abstracts in themselves will not be refereed.

Margarita Greene Zúñiga
Profesor Titular
Directora Ejecutiva de Relaciones Academicas
Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño y Estudios Urbanos
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
fono: +562 354 5603
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

--
Circe M. G. Monteiro - D.Phil (oxon)