Hi all,

I setup this list earlier today, hoping it would be a useful interdisciplinary resource for those within academia interested in any aspect of social media. Hopefully it could be a forum for those who want input/advice on potential social projects to connect with people at other institutions they might not otherwise meet.

To try and get a bit of discussion going I wonder if people could introduce themselves and say a little about what their interests are and their involvements and/or interests in social media.

On which note: I'm Mark, I'm in the latter stages of a part-time PhD in Sociology at the University of Warwick. My academic interests are in social theory, sociology of identity and sociology of sexuality. I'm a long-term blogger (I've blogged semi-regularly since the first year of my undergraduate degree) but in the last couple of years blogging has become a central component of the academic projects I'm involved in. I edit an online sociology magazine (sociologicalimagination.org) and will be running my first blogging for researchers workshop in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Carrigan
Doctoral Researcher