From: Sidney-Spenser Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Quitslund, Beth
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 3:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Psalm 23

And we would know that the swine are among the reprobate, because they conduct their services in pig Latin.

Beth Quitslund

Associate Professor

Department of English

Ohio University

Athens, OH  45701

Scott Lucas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Come to think of it, congregational psalm singing is about the only thing I haven't seen as a plot device on Shaun the Sheep yet.  Helen, you and Psalm Woman could write the script!  It could all start on that ill-starred day when the Farmer decides to bring home that new, rather opinionated flock of sheep he bought while on a trip to Geneva.  Led by Shaun's heretofore unknown northern cousin, the grim, grumpy Shaun Knox, the newcomers soon have the "fur flying" in the pasture!

Shaun Knox could call the flock to the barn to offer a enlightening sermon, holding up the behavior of the pigs as proof positive of the doctrine of double predestination.
Later, the sheep could all stage a stirring debate over whether Shirley's gaudy pelt (or "furplice," if you will) is an abomination before the Lord or merely a matter indifferent.

Some slapstick could be introduced by having neighboring farmer Mr. Algrind come for a visit, only to take a pratfall after getting hit on the head by a seashell.

The kids will love it.

Scott

Scott C. Lucas
Professor of English