As a long-standing Linux (Ubuntu) user, I've been using OpenOffice for the
last 3 or 4 years (there is no MS Office option on Linux). It's good; very
good when you consider what you pay for it, but it does have shortcomings.
It's *different* to MS Office, as has been mentioned, and the file exchange
is a bit lacking with more advanced features in *.doc documents.

I knew that LibreOffice was to be the Ubuntu default in future releases
(from 11.04 Natty on I believe) but didn't know that that was it's genesis -
thanks Adam.

Oli.

DeepGreen Consulting LTD
Information, Users, Technology