I’m not an open office user but I do code against its API.

IMHO it provides one of the best rendition capabilities available for a myriad of document types and formats.

Sent: 16 February 2011 21:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OpenOffice

I purchased a new PC in September and have adopted OpenOffice. So far I'm using Write and Impress and also on a Macbook.

It is working very well. The Write document I am working on is 17,500 words and I save in rtf and Word format.

I've viewed the Word version on another PC in MS Word and found that after some graphics the font was upset, but that is common I believe. It printed as block capitals, so font choice between machines can be critical.

Impress saves to Powerpoint and displays the adopted formats and styles faithfully. The templates are rather disappointing for 2011, (you get what you don't pay for) I created my own in the end. I must check Powerpoint, but what I do like is saving a presentation as a pdf.

I'm looking f/w to exploring and adding more features.

Peter Jones
Lancashire
UK
--
http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/
Hodges Health Career - Care Domains - Model