Hi Fiona,

The wilcoxon test will be fine.  The test does not compare medians, it
compares differences in mean ranks, so don't feel obliged to
mechanically report the medians just because that's what's normally
done.

In an ideal world, if you had more mistakes, I would use something
like a Poisson regression, but it's going to be complicated, because
you will almost certainly have zero inflation, and that means you
really need to use a negative binomial regression.  And then it's
repeated measures, and that means either a sandwich estimator or a
multilevel model.  And that would make me stop and think whether I
really needed that model, and I get excited about this sort of thing.

I would be tempted to say that the data are so horribly skewed, that
people either made mistakes, or they didn't make mistakes, so they are
coded 0, 1 and it's a sign test.  (And sign tests are the world's
easiest statistical test.  You don't need a computer to do a sign
test, in fact you can do a sign test without paper.  In your head.)

Was it the same people, or different people making errors?

jeremy

--
Jeremy Miles
Psychology Research Methods Wiki: www.researchmethodsinpsychology.com