Dear All,

The Science Council is working with a major mobile phone company on a mobile phone app that will enable people to have their burning science questions answered directly by scientists.

The app, to be launched next month, will invite questions related to 12 monthly themes including Water, Medical Science, Fashion & Textiles, Travel & Tourism, Sport, Food, Imagining Different Tomorrows, Disaster, Space, Earth Science, Wealth & Luxury, and Computers & IT. All questions and answers will be posted on the Future Morph website (www.futuremorph.org) where we will give it a careers information twist by showing the jobs of those answering and we will be developing supporting materials for each topic.

The missing element is the scientists to answer the questions – and that’s where you come in.  While we can’t predict the questions that will be submitted, it’s likely that they’ll be a mixture of factual (How do we know black holes exist?) and careers-based (What exactly does a geologist do?). We’ll be using an online interface and you can sign up for any or all of the themes – but you need only answer those questions that you have time for.

If you’re interested in taking part and helping to reveal the hidden science of the world around us to young people, please email me ([log in to unmask]) as soon as possible stating your name, contact details and the themes you’re interested in.

Best wishes,

Holly.

Holly Margerison
Careers from Science Manager
www.futuremorph.org

The Science Council | 32-36 Loman Street | London | SE1 0EH

Tel: 020 7922 7881 | Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.sciencecouncil.org

Future Morph is now on Twitter

Follow us @future_morph now!

This email is intended only for the person(s) named as the recipient(s). The contents are confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify us as soon as possible and delete it.  Any use by you of its content is prohibited. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Science Council.

WARNING: Although the Science Council has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the Science Council cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptible Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]