Thanks Dianne - yes I use open office (can't stand Microsoft) and I forgot to resave it - here is the one that should work - glad you were interested and sorry it too a few days to get to this email,

Alana

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Dianne Allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Alana,

I was unable to access your file.  My email reported a .odt file, which I do not think I have the software to read ...
can you resend as either a pdf or rtf file please.

Dianne
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">E. Alana James
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 2:20 AM
Subject: Re: How to establish an environment that calls out the most and the best of everyone

Great - then whomever is called to work with us will follow this thread with this heading - nice and easy idea Jack.

Bob suggested that we start with a conversation about principles within our work in AR that lead to an environment that calls out the most and the best in us (do I have that right Bob?)

I suggested that we play with how we allow for and move past naturally defensiveness

I also now want to add some discussion on reflection/reflexive thinking - which was the greatest new learning for me that came out of my new book.  One of my reviewers hit me hard on not covering it well enough and I was embarrassed but delighted to learn of the development of reflexion from Schon (don't know how to make the umlauts over the o) and the Argyris with double loop reflection - etc.

Just in case I am not the only one who didn't follow these developments - because I think they are perhaps crucial to environments that bring out the best - Attached is a pull out from our chapter three on what AR is and how we do it - bear in mind that this book is for graduate students doing AR for the first time and is very pragmatic - touching lightly on theory but heavily on the "how to do" aspects that I find many students struggle with.

Anyway I am delighted for this conversation and I look forward to future installments.
Alana